Chapter 12 - Black History ~ page 4


I'm sad this month is coming to an end. It's really been an awesome month for me. I had to end this month by giving you some facts on a black fashion designer. 

Today we are talking about Zelda Wynn Valdes. She was born June 28, 1905 and she was a black fashion designer who created the playboy bunny outfits. She started her own dress making business which turned into a dress making studio. It was the first black owned business on Broadway. She sold her dresses to big celebrities like Dorothy Dandridge and Gladys Knight. Her work eventually caught the attention of Hugh Hefner and he asked her to make bunny costumes for the playmates. She went on to be one of the founders of the National Association of Fashion Accessory Designers. She then went on to design costumes for the Dance Theater of Harlem. She continued to work there until she passed away on September 26, 2001.

I had a friend make me a shirt with her picture and one of her famous quotes! I knew I wanted an all black and white look with this shirt! I love how it turned out! Everything is old from my Kloset except the boots. I've linked them below.


HAPPY BLACK HISTORY MONTH


Sincerely,

Keke




Keke's links


Shoes here

Comments

Popular Posts