3 Things I did Instead




 I could give you several reasons why I wanted to give up blogging but I'm not.....Instead of giving up I did some re-evaluating. 

I've been learning a lot lately from influencer Hayet Rida, let me just say if you don't follow her you should! She opened my eyes to a lot of new things and ways to improve. So instead of throwing in the towel why not simply make some changes.

 See I just can't give up on something that I love! Don't get me wrong for the past couple of months I've been in a funk about posting pictures on IG. I even stopped scheduling photo shoots because I simply wasn't feeling it anymore and simply not in the mood. I had to figure out how to get that good feeling back.

 Here are 3 things I did instead that you can also do when you're not in the mood anymore and wanting to give up.



Take a break - A break is a absolute MUST! Sometimes it can be very overwhelming especially social media. Even if its just decreasing the hours you spend on it is a break. We all find ourselves on SM way more than we think (at least for me). So here is what I did - I adjusted my hours by only getting on at certain times maybe for an hour here or there. At times I even took 1 week or 2 week break not being on SM at all. By doing this I was able to really think about things, work more on my goals, and come up with a strategy on how to improve. 


Sit Back - Take time to just sit back and observe. See what others are doing (not compare) that will be helpful to you. Also pray and meditate. Here is what I did - I would watch lives of some of my favorite influencers and took note. I also studied their IG pages. And I did TONS of research (e.g., how to edit photos, how to gain followers, how to get more engagement). I also prayed and fasted and when I say God has been guiding me through the whole process. If God is guiding me then I can't fail.



Re-evaluate - Put everything I stated above together and start to make some changes. After you review and see what needs to be done make a plan and DO IT.  Here is what I did - I begin to write a plan whether it was on my memo pad in my phone or pen and paper.  Any idea that came to my head I wrote it down(still doing). I studied my own IG and boy did I see a lot of things that needed to be done differently and I adjusted accordingly. Now don't get me wrong I'm still going to be me but there is noting wrong with improving. I feel like my followers deserve the best version of me. I plan to work harder than ever and continue to learn and grow. Because I know someday I will be able to help someone who has been in my shoes. To be honest in this blogging world there is not a lot of help. There are a lot of things I wish I knew in the beginning that I know now. Maybe I would be further along but that's something I can't worry about God has perfect timing.

Also I will still do all the things I stated above. I'm not going to stop learning and growing. 

 And one other thing ......I just want to say thank you to my family and my love for believing in me and being my support system. 







Comments

Popular Posts