Rip The Runway




This past weekend believe it or not I attended my first fashion show! It was our local 10th Annual Designers Choice Fashion Preview. Two project runway designers were there Korto Momolu and Michael Knight along with local fashion designers. There was also a special celebrity host Kofi Siriboe. The show is put on by the Timmons Arts foundation and all proceeds go to them. One critique I had was plus size was not represented well. It sadden me to see we were represented with unflattering clothes. But other than that the music, some of the fashion, and good company made it an awesome night. I will be attending again next year. 








 
Outfit Details

Of course my first thought when I decided to go was what am I going to wear! Everything I'm wearing is old.  I wanted something really comfy and sexy. I opted for this sheer shirt which is actually a peplum that I got from Ashley Stewart. I paired it with this beautiful lavender skirt I got from Rue 21, my Betsy Johnson heels, and bow belt. And let's not forget about this super cute clutch I got from a local boutique called Glamorous Makeup Bar & Urban Swae. This outfit had me on cloud nine. Lets just say I was feeling myself all night. (Similar links to items at bottom of post)












Peplum Top - Similar here
Skirt -Similar here
Shoes- Similar here
Belt- Similar here 
Clutch- Similar here 



Comments

  1. So pretty! I love the skirt and top. But those heels giirrll I'm hunting them down ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love the skirt and top. But those heels giirrll I'm hunting them down ASAP!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts